Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Water- Beautiful and Graceful

When you hear the word water what images come to mind? When I think of water, I picture sunlight creating rainbows, off the cascading, arches, created by a fountain.  I hear the cheerful, gurgle, of water circling a drain, bubbling over the lip, of an ornately designed, carved, stone bowl, in the center piazza of town.  I picture a child, clutching a copper penny, eyes squeezed tightly shut, as she concentrates on her wish.  Then I picture her bright eyes, two endless, pools, reflecting the sparkling sunlight, as she happily tosses her penny, glinting brightly, through the air.  I can hear, the satisfying plunk, as her wish is added, amongst the others, sinking to the vast depths of the wishing fountain. That, dear friends, is what I think of when I hear the word water. What do you think of when you hear that word?

No comments: