Friday, September 13, 2013

Doing Things My Way!

As a new school year begins, I find myself having all the typical beginning of  the year dreams every teacher has each year. Do I have my supplies? What will this year's crop of students be like? And so on.  But wait this year is different!  I'm not going back to teaching!  I am following my dream of becoming a writer! So why the constant dreams? Perhaps my mind has been preprogrammed all this years to these same concerns.  But no more! I've thrown caution to the wind and listened to my heart. For once, I'm doing things my way and not looking back!  I am the master of my domain, I'm the boss of me! Am I sad to leave all those years of teaching behind? Certainly! But I am excited about my prospects for the future as well.  After a summer of grief and pain, I needed to do this for me to find happiness in the world once more!  It is a scary place starting from square one again, but I longed to do something for me. Something that would make me want to get up in the morning, that would cause me to feel alive! Has anyone ever felt the need to reinvent their lives like this? For me this is a type of metamorphosis.  A was the lowly caterpillar yearning to get its wings and become a beautiful butterfly!  Now I have found my wings, and completed my transformation!  The world is waiting!  How have you turned into a butterfly of transformation by doing things your way?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen,
I would recommend going to Shelf Awareness and signing up for their email newsletters. You can also go to Publisher's Weekly and sign up for their newsletters. If you have time, you should try to go to B&N and read that mag every chance you get so you can learn more about publishing.
Next summer, you should try your best to attend BEA. It is THE trade show for publishers.
Maybe we can meet for coffee sometime soon!
Best always,
Eliza